It is strongly recommended that you have all your travel documents such as passport, picture identification, residence, etc. on hand for Immigration agents upon arrival to the terminal.
Airport Security – Required/Accepted Documents:
- A valid, Dominican or Foreign government issued passport.
- Visa issued by Dominican or Foreign consulate (if applicable).
- Return Airline Tickets (applies for Non Residents).
- Completed Immigration form.
- Custom Declaration form.
Immigration entry forms should be provided by the Airline and are also available at the entrance area. You will be asked to purchase a Tourist Card in case of not holding a Dominican Visa or Residence; this card can be purchase at the Immigration area on a specific booth for this purposes. Customer Service Airport Agents will be in the area to assist you during this process.
Check-in is located on the Commercial Terminal for all airlines. Airline check-in is generally open three (3) hours before flight departure time. Due to extra security measures you are advised to arrive early for your check-in. The call for aircraft boarding is approximately 30 to 40 minutes prior to the assigned departure time so please allow at least 30 minutes to clear Immigration and Security.
Once you finish the Migration process, Customs area is located in the Commercial Terminal. A Customs declaration form should be completed by each individual or one per family and handled to the Officers for baggage clearance. Please note that all baggage brought into and out of the Dominican Republic is subject to screening for prohibited goods.
- Liquids and gels in containers larger than 3 ounces are NOT permitted through the security checkpoint.
Liquids and gels in containers 3 ounces or less must be placed in clear plastic sealable bags size 1 quart or less and presented for inspection at the checkpoint. Passengers are limited to one clear plastic bag.
- All other liquids and gels must be placed in checked baggage.
Exceptions are made for prescription and over-the-counter medications, baby formula, breast milk, and eye drops as well as other medically necessary items. These items can exceed 3 ounces but must also be presented for inspection at the checkpoint.
- Laptops, camcorders, CD players, and electronic hand-held games are permitted as carry-ons.
Laptops must be removed from their cases and placed in a plastic bin at the X-ray machine.
- Firearms, sharp knives, box cutters, maces, golf clubs, and most sporting goods equipment are among numerous items that are not permitted in carry-on luggage.
For more detailed information on prohibited and permitted items in both carry-on and checked luggage, download this document provided by the Transportation Security Administration website.
For more detailed information on prohibited and permitted items in both carry-on and checked luggage, visit http://www.cesa.mil.do/app/